Now that the holidays are behind us, we are deep into the winter season, and the sky is looking grayer as we put on our warmest sweaters. This is the time of year when we crave our comfort foods that keep our souls warm as we face the coldest days ahead.
We know that CBD oil is usually taken as a tincture, and this is a completely useful delivery method. But it can also be added to foods and beverages, as it contains nontoxic ingredients that are easily ingested. Opal CBD Oil combines hemp extract with MCT oil, a neutral-tasting oil derived from coconuts. Adding it to foods and drinks turns your favorite treats into edibles that can offer long-lasting, widespread activation of hemp’s compounds in the body.
So, we’ll be helping you make edibles that get you into the spirit of the season, blending mouthwatering flavors with the properties of high-quality, exceptionally extracted hemp compounds. We will also be exploring multiple flavors developed by Opal CBD that complement these delicious treats.
As soon as the temperature drops below freezing, hot chocolate is in order. This rich and smooth drink warms the bones while giving us a reason to indulge without feeling as guilty as we would if we were to reach for a piece of cake. This hot chocolate incorporates CBD oil to give it plant properties that stick around long after your last decadent sip.
-1 ½ cup milk
-2 tbsp cocoa powder
-2 tbsp white sugar
-1 dropper Opal CBD Oil in Vanilla
-Whipped cream (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients with the exception of the whipped cream.
- Keep on medium-low heat, stirring well the entire time until the ingredients are blended together, and steam is emerging off of the surface.
- Pour into a mug and top with whipped cream.
Mint Chocolate Brownies
If you are more in the mood for a dessert, these mint chocolate brownies will do the trick. Brownies are always a luxurious affair but adding mint to them gives them a seasonal touch that makes them just that much more special. We get our mint flavoring from a combination of mint extract and Opal CBD Oil in Peppermint.
-1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
-3 droppers of Opal CBD Oil in Peppermint
-1 ½ cup white sugar
-4 large eggs
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tsp peppermint extract
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1 cup cocoa powder
-1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x12 baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and stir in the CBD oil.
- Add to the butter and CBD oil the white sugar, eggs and two extracts.
- Stir well.
- Into another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, and salt.
- Then, slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean.
Winter Vegetable Soup
On a particularly dreary winter evening, a steaming hot bowl of soup, served with a side of crusty bread, is an intensely comforting experience. Our soup combines seasonal vegetables with CBD to make your body feel its very best.
-4 cups vegetable broth
-1 6oz can tomato paste
-1 cup French lentils
-2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
-1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
-1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
-3 beets, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
-1 napa cabbage, halved and cut into ½-inch slices
-3 sprigs fresh thyme
-3 droppers of Opal CBD oil in Natural
-Salt and pepper
- Into a Dutch oven, combine all of the ingredients except for the lentils.
- Add several good shakes of both salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, and cover.
- After 20 minutes, add the lentils.
- Cover and simmer for another 30 minutes, or until the lentils are soft.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
French Onion Grilled Cheese
Grilled cheese is the ultimate comfort snack, and we have taken it to a level of sophistication with the help of caramelized onions and Gruyere cheese. Also, it doesn’t hurt that it provides you with a daily dose of good, old hemp.
-2 slices sandwich bread (your choice)
-1 white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
-2 tsp salt
-1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
-1 dropper of Opal CBD Oil in Natural
- Into a small frying pan, place a small amount of butter and bring the heat to medium-high.
- Add the onions and sprinkle with salt.
- Allow them to fry until they brown.
- While the onions are cooking, prepare the rest of the sandwich.
- Butter one side of each of the two slices of bread, and place them on a plate, buttered side down.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on both sides.
- Pour the dropper of CBD oil on one side facing up, spreading it onto the bread with a knife.
- Then, place the onions onto one side.
- Turn the same frying pan used to cook the onions back onto medium heat.
- Close the sandwich and place it into the pan.
- Use a spatula to press it down.
- When the bottom is golden-brown, flip it to the other side.
- Cook until the cheese has melted.
Cranberry Rosemary Spritzer
If you are in the mood for a seasonal cocktail, this cranberry rosemary spritzer will satisfy your needs. It is light and refreshing yet boasts the flavors of winter.
-1 cup of prosecco
-1 cup of cranberry juice
-2 sprigs of rosemary
-1 dropper of Opal CBD Oil in Natural
- Combine the prosecco, cranberry juice and CBD oil into a cocktail glass and stir well.
- Rub the rosemary along the rim of the glass before dropping it into the glass.